CAREER OPPORTUNITY – CONCESSION COOKS WANTED
The Caps Café and the Cowichan Capitals Jr. A Hockey Team are looking for all levels of Cooks to join our Hockey Family and help to run our arena concession located in the Cowichan Community Centre (The Big Stick).
Now that the Community Centre is opening up to the public, we are preparing for the re-opening of the concession and the upcoming hockey season which begins mid September. We have multiple positions available from a fulltime head Cook to line cooks for Game Days and Special Events. Experience is preferred but we are willing to train a person who can display ambition, motivation and is quick to learn. Strong multi tasking skills are a must as well as the ability to work independently and accurately as an individual, under pressure and in a team environment.
From $16.00/hr to $20.00/hr, plus equal share of tip pool.
- Exceptions may be made based on experience and commitment level
- Overtime pay available
Job Titles Available: Head Cook, Line Cooks, Game Day Cooks, Special Event Cooks
Job Status: Full-time or Part-time. Permanent.
Summary of Position:
Prepare all menu items to standards as laid out by the Business / Concession Manager and concession food preparation guide in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner. Some catering may be required for hockey games and special events.
- Available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings (Game Nights) and statutory holidays as needed.
- Able to work a minimum of five (5) shifts per week as Head Cook or as needed for Game Night/Special Event Cooks if applicable. We are willing to work with a flexible schedule.
- Ability to provide in-house catering services as needed to Arena Suites during Game Days or as needed
- Willingness to learn point of sale terminal if applicable.
- Must be able to adapt menu items as needed by customer
- Must be creative with a willingness to explore & develop new menu items as needed
- Must be personable and friendly with customers
- Must be able to lift up to 25kgs from time to time.
- Must be able to work under pressure situations (high volume hockey period intermissions)
- Must assist with concession clean up at the end of the shift or as needed.
- Prepare menu items according to concession food preparation guide.
- Ensure high quality products are produced in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Strive to provide exceptional customer experiences 100% of the time.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensure both you and the concession are clean and organized.
- Comply with all Island Health, CVRD, Capitals, OH&S and Work Safe BC regulations.
- Experience in a commercial kitchen, concession or culinary schooling.
- Willing to train the right individual who displays ambition, motivation and is quick to learn
- Enjoy working in teams and learning.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Personable and professional.
- Enjoy creating great guest experiences.
- Day shift / night shift
- Holidays if needed
- Monday to Friday
- Game Nights
- Special Community Centre Events if needed
Benefits / Perks:
- Casual Dress
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Capitals merchandise discount
- Discounted or complimentary hockey tickets to Cowichan Capitals Jr. A Hockey Home Games
- More TBD
Reports to: Business / Concession Manager
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
Closing Date: Please submit your application as soon as possible. Concession to open mid September. Applications are reviewed daily.
Please email resume with two references to the Cowichan Capitals Business Manager at the contact info below:
Cowichan Capitals Jr. A Hockey Team (BCHL)
Office: 250-748-9930 (Ext. 221)
Or drop off your resume at the Capitals Business Office located at 2687 James Street, Duncan, BC.