The Cowichan Valley Capitals Junior Hockey Club will be hosting tryouts for the opportunity to play in the newly formed Junior Showcase Hockey League (JSHL). This spring hockey league will provide an opportunity to showcase the prospect player’s abilities and talent to our organization and the other participating Junior A teams.
The Capitals will host three teams, each of a different age group:
- U18 2002-2003
- U16 2004-2005
- U15 2005
This Spring League runs through April-June 2019. This League will see competition from other teams in showcase style league play. Participating teams are organizing this league as a way for players to showcase themselves to Junior A Scouts, as well as to the NCAA. The intention is that we can localize the top players we are hoping to recruit the following season or later, and see these prospects play in a Junior A atmosphere.
U18 (2002, 2003) JSHL
- 1st Showcase – Victoria – April 19-21
- 2nd Showcase – Langley – April 27-29
- 3rd Showcase – Chilliwack – Changed to May 17 – 20
- 4th Showcase – Surrey – June 14-16 (29 – July 1st last year) – pushed 2 weeks up
U16 (2004,2005) JSHL
- 1st Showcase – West Kelowna – April 5-7
- 2nd Showcase – Langley – May 17-19
- 3rd Showcase – West Kelowna or Nanaimo – (June 14-16)
- 4th Showcase – Wenatchee – June 21, 22, 23
U15 (2005) JSHL
- 1st Showcase – Surrey as host in Chilliwack – April 12-14
- 2nd Showcase – West Kelowna – May 17-19
- 3rd Showcase – Victoria- (May 24-26)
- Champion Showcase – Surrey & Langley – June 21, 22, 23
The Capitals U18 & U16 & U15 Spring League program includes the following:
- Coaching by the Capitals staff; you will gain a deeper understanding of the demands and expectations of a high-performance athlete in Junior A (mental, physical, technical and tactical)
- Full length games simulating Junior A. 12-14 games including playoffs run over 4 weekends from April and ending in early June
- Showcase weekends will be run across B.C. in 5 different Junior A cities
- 10+ practices and Dryland training with minimum 15 hrs of skills development & tactics
- Each player will receive a Capitals uniform jersey, pant shells and socks, team jacket, warm-up shirt and shorts and practice jersey.
- League Website with full stats, standings, and player profiles: www.jshl.ca
This league’s intention is to create an environment where players of high caliber can develop and experience the type of game Junior A can offer to athletes with the dream of eventually playing NCAA and/or Pro Hockey. Our league attracts the most NCAA scouts across the CJHL, and draws the most scholarships. This Prospects Spring League is designed to be a stepping stone for players to one-day play Junior A, NCAA and Pro Hockey.
The tryouts will be small with about 35-40 players per age group. After registration, we will shortlist players to participate in inter-squad games.
- Training Facilities: Cowichan Lake Arena & Shawnigan Lake Arena
- Program Cost: $1750/player
U16 & U15 Tryout Dates: 2005 & 2004 born
- Sunday, Feb 24th – 4:30pm-6:00pm @ Lake Cowichan Arena
- Sunday, March 10th – 4:30pm-6:00pm @ Lake Cowichan Arena
- Sunday, March 31st – 3:00pm-4:30pm @ Lake Cowichan Arena
U18 Tryout Dates: 2003 & 2002 born
- Sunday, Feb 24th – 6:00pm-7:30pm @ Lake Cowichan Arena
- Sunday, March 10th – 6:00pm-7:30pm @ Lake Cowichan Arena
- Sunday, March 31st – 4:30pm-6:00pm @ Lake Cowichan Arena
Tryout Cost per player: $75.00 per player
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or if you would like to participate in the tryout please fill out our Spring Prep Team Application Form (below) & register. Please include your position, birth year, current team and league you play for. Those who are not selected for tryouts, due to overflow of participants, will have their fees refunded.
(Click on links below)