The Cowichan Valley Capitals Junior Hockey Club will be hosting tryouts for the opportunity to play in the newly formed Junior Showcase Hockey League (JSHL). This spring hockey league will provide an opportunity to showcase the prospect player’s abilities and talent to our organization and the other participating Junior A teams.
The Capitals will host two teams, each of a different age group:
- U18 2001-2002
- U16 2003-2004
This Spring League runs through April-June 2018. This League will see competition from other teams in showcase style league play. Participating teams are organizing this league as a way for players to showcase themselves to Junior A Scouts, as well as to the NCAA. The intention is that we can localize the top players we are hoping to recruit the following season or later, and see these prospects play in a Junior A atmosphere.
The Capitals U18 & U16 Spring League program includes the following:
- Coaching by the Capitals staff; you will gain a deeper understanding of the demands and expectations of a high-performance athlete in Junior A (mental, physical, technical and tactical)
- Full length games simulating Junior A. 12-14 games including playoffs run over 4 weekends from April and ending in early June
- Showcase weekends will be run across B.C. in 3 different Junior A cities
- 10+ practices and Dryland training with minimum 15 hrs of skills development & tactics
- Each player will receive a Capitals uniform jersey, pant shells and socks, team jacket, warm-up shirt and shorts and practice jersey.
- League Website with full stats, standings, and player profiles
This league’s intention is to create an environment where players of high caliber can develop and experience the type of game Junior A can offer to athletes with the dream of eventually playing NCAA and/or Pro Hockey. Our league attracts the most NCAA scouts across the CJHL, and draws the most scholarships. This Prospects Spring League is designed to be a stepping stone for players to one-day play Junior A, NCAA and Pro Hockey.
The tryouts will be small with about 35-40 players per age group. After registration, we will shortlist players to participate in inter-squad games. Schedule to be announced.
- Training Facilities: Cowichan Lake Arena & Shawnigan Lake Arena
- Program Cost: $1750/player
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you would like to participate in the tryout please fill out our Spring Prep Team Application Form (below) & register. Please include your position, birth year, current team and league you play for. Those who are not selected to attend the tryout camp will have their fees refunded.
U16 Team Tryouts
- March 24th @ Lake Cowichan Arena 4:30pm-6:00pm
- March 25th @ Lake Cowichan Arena 3:00pm-4:30pm
U18 Team Tryouts
- March 24th @ Lake Cowichan Arena 6:00pm-7:30pm
- March 25th @ Lake Cowichan Arena 4:30pm-6:00pm
Tryout Cost per player: $75.00